How absurd men are! They never use the liberties they have, they demand those they do not have.
They have freedom of thought, they demand freedom of speech.
~Søren Kierkegaard

Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Daily Mail 101

Some of you may not be "internet savvy" and this blog is new to all of you, so this is a sort of field guide to what's on this page:

  • The main column (that's what you're reading right now) displays the last 10 days worth of "posts" or entries. After each post is a link called "comments." Clicking here enables you to leave a comment yourself or read other comments that have been left. "Links to this post" is something I'm not sure about. Clicking on the little envelope and arrow icon allows you to e-mail the post to anyone you would like.
  • The sidebar to the right is broken into different headings:
    • You can e-mail me by clicking, "e-mail me" under my picture.
    • "Poll of the Week" is where we have "one man, one vote." Here every vote counts, but only once.
    • "Keepers" are posts which are worth keeping for some reason. Clicking on these will take you to the entire post from the archive.
    • "Archives" is a complete archive of each month. Click on the month to see everything posted that month.
    • "Subscribe to Daily Mail" allows you to subscribe to the Daily mail "feed." If you have a news reader or the like, this allows you to receive the contents of Daily Mail in that way.
    • "Blogroll" is a collection of blogs I like for some reason. See if you do, too.
    • "Websites to Explore" is a collection of internet sites that I like for some reason. From time to time I will highlight one of these and the Blogroll for you to check out. Explore these anytime you like.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The lack of comments is not because your readers aren't internet savvy. I submit it's because they are too much like the blogger himself. Of the hundreds of job related e-mails I have sent to my (and your) co-workers, I can count on one hand the number of replies I have received. That includes you, blogger! I guess you reap what you sew.
Remember when I first became internet active? I had web-tv with no keyboard. I had to use a remote to scroll to the letters to write an e-mail. I sent you about 3 e-mails the first night I had the thing and you didn't respond to a single one. However, the next day you complained quietly to others that I was bugging you. Remember? Well maybe this little blog bothers some folks? huh?
What say you, blogger?

Fairtax.org

Search this blog


Kevin
Covington, Georgia, US
Welcome to the Daily Mail. I'm a mailman and this is my blog. Thanks for dropping by! You can communicate with me or keep up with this blog's content in the following ways:
E-mail me!
Widgetize!      My Facebook Profile

Enter your e-mail address below to receive blog updates in your inbox:

Delivered by FeedBurner

You might also like to read my other blog, Sons of Liberty Academy, about our family homeschool.

Sons of Liberty Academy

↑ Grab this Headline Animator

Browse by Subject

Recent Comments

Daily Reads

Clicking on "The Divine Hours" below will take you to a prayer reading for the day and hour.

Headlines

Christian Persecution News

Four-Dollar Words

A wise mailman called Foot refers to words that are advanced in syllables or meaning as "four-dollar words." The Daily Mail and Wordsmith offer the following four-dollar words for your personal vocabulary expansion:

Caption Contests

Below are some of our past Caption Contests and the winning captions. Click here to see all past Caption Contests and the losing captions as well.

WINNER: Hooper--"What we are dealing with here is a perfect engine. An eating machine. It's really a miracle of evolution. All this machine does is swim and eat and make little mailboxes, and that's all."
Daily Cartoon provided by Bravenet
"The man who does not read good books has no advantage over the man who can’t read them."
-Mark Twain

Reviews

"very interesting and thoughtful"
"on my favorites now"
"He uses them four-dollar words!"
"I mean, you finally got a blog that's articulate and bright and clean and nice-looking. I mean, that’s a storybook, man!"
Powered By Blogger